Tofu Bagel. Need some good vegan breakfast ideas? Video made nearly a year ago in the Duanesburg Media class. Directed and Edited by Jerry Mesick.
This tofu mixture makes a flavorful topping for bagels. For zing, add more mustard, garlic or onion. Or choose an already flavorful bagel, such as Asiago cheese or sun-dried tomato. You can have Tofu Bagel using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tofu Bagel
- Prepare 200 grams of Silken tofu.
- Prepare 200 of grams, or more if necessary Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dry yeast.
- You need 1 tbsp of A little bit of honey for boiling.
A wide variety of tofu bagging machine options are available to you, such as local service location, key selling points, and application. Card Mogics – Light – Power – Donut&Bagel – Charger – Adapter – Speaker – Camping – Accessories Tofu. This is your basic nodding technique – and exactly what you'll need if someone asks if you want a tofu recipe for tea. Or Tempeh, come to think of it.
Tofu Bagel instructions
- Lightly drain the extra moisture from the tofu, and set it aside..
- Mound the bread flour in a bowl, and create a crater in the center. Place the sugar and yeast into the crater. Place the salt at the base of the mound..
- Microwave the tofu for about 1 minute and crumble it into the crater, and mix it with the yeast, sugar and flour. Now mix all the ingredients in the bowl together..
- Keep mixing until the dough pulls away from the bowl and no longer sticks to your hands. This will take about 10 minutes. Form the dough into a ball, and cover it with a wet tea towel. Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 200℃. Heat some water in a large pot (I use a large frying pan). When the water comes to a boil, add in the honey..
- Divide the dough into equal parts, and form them into the bagel shape..
- Roll out a piece of dough into an ellipse, and fold into thirds lengthwise, first folding in one side, and then the other side over that..
- Now connect the ends so the dough makes a ring, making sure to thoroughly seal the seams together..
- Turn down the heat under the pot in Step 5 down so that the temperature of the water is just below boiling. The water should be still. Immerse the bagel in the water for 30 seconds (There is no need to turn the bagel over). Immediately put the bagel in the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes..
- The recipe will yield about 3 bagels of this size..
- When we used some Kitanokaori brand flour we were given, the bagels turned out very yellow. They didn't rise very much, but they were very soft..
- The last tofu bagel I made in 2009 had a heart shaped hole..
Tofu scramble is a popular vegan breakfast dish similar to scrambled eggs. This easy recipe calls for onions and green bell peppers. Tofu, also known as bean curd is a food prepared by coagulating soy milk and then pressing the resulting curds into solid white blocks of varying softness; it can be silken, soft, firm, or extra firm. Tofu is a food made from condensed soy milk. This is a detailed article about tofu and its health Tofu is a food made of condensed soy milk that is pressed into solid white blocks in a process quite similar.