Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. You can cook Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 5 tbsp of margarine or butter, softened.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 2 of egg whites.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of mashed ripe bananas, (about 3 large).
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of sifted all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts, optional.
Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a 9.5" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray..
- Beat sugars and margarine in a large bowl with mixer until creamy..
- Add egg, egg whites and bananas. Mix well..
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into banana mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened..
- Fold in walnuts (if used) and pour into prepared pan..
- Bake for 45-50 min, and cool in pan for 10 minutes..
- Remove to wire rack, cool completely. Cut into 16 pieces and serve..
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Fold banana mixture into flour mixture until just combined. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe. The yellow peels should be at least half browned, and the bananas inside squishy and browning.