Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. You can have Banana Bread using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- It’s 3 of ripe bananas.
- It’s 140 g of baking butter.
- It’s 140 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 140 g of self-raising flour.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of Icing sugar and water to decorate.
Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Whisk butter and caster sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat 2 eggs in a mug then add and whisk into butter mixture with a little of the flour.
- Mash 2 bananas in a mug.
- Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and bananas to the butter mixture.
- Pour batter into lined loaf tin and bake for 25mins until skewer is removed clean.
- Remove from tin and allow to cool for 15mins.
- Make icing sugar topping and decorate banana loaf. Allow to set for 15mins.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Fold banana mixture into flour mixture until just combined. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe. The yellow peels should be at least half browned, and the bananas inside squishy and browning.