Cinnamon rolls. After testing many recipes for cinnamon rolls I found that just about any home-made roll can be good if you have the right icing. In too many recipes the cream cheese flavor overpowers the icing. Use this recipe for decadent cream cheese icing on your favorite cinnamon roll and you won't be disappointed!
This recipe is great served alongside fresh coffee for a leisurely breakfast in and is perfect for sharing with company. If you can't eat them all in one go, store any frosted extras in the fridge due to the cream cheese.. A Slow Rise for the Best Cinnamon Rolls. You can have Cinnamon rolls using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon rolls
- You need 2 3/4 of (345g)cups all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup (50 g) of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 1/4 teaspoons of instant yeast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter/ margarine.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need of Filling:.
- You need 3 of table spoons butter. Or more according to your liking.
- It’s 1 of or more tablespoons cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 cups of sugar.
The dough I ultimately created is best made over two days. Not only does this break up the work, but I think the flavor from a slow-risen dough tastes better. ***This is the original Cinnamon Roll recipe! All other sweet roll recipe variations that I do come from this. Let's start by making the dough.
Cinnamon rolls step by step
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar,salt and yeast and set aside.
- Combine milk, butter and water and heat until warm to touch and butter is melted.
- Pour your wet ingredients to your dry and add your egg.
- Mix until forms a soft dough. Kneed your dough for 3-5 minutes and place your dough in a well greaced bowl and cover loosely and let it rest for 10 minutes in a warm place.
- As the dough is rising, prepare your filling. Mix together butter/margerine, sugar and cinnamon. You can add vanilla extract if you wish. Mix until fully combined.
- After 10 minutes take out yough dough and roll it on a flat surface to a rectangular shape. Spread out your filling until covers the whole dough. Roll up your dough tightly and cut into small-town medium pieces. I usually cut them 3 or 2 fingers apart..
- Cover up your rolls and keep them in a warm place to rise for about 60-90 minutes..
- Preheat oven for 180°. just before you take out your rolls.
- When rolls have doubled in size put them in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes. You can serve with a glaze made with milk and icing sugar with a little vanilla..
These cinnamon rolls can easily be made ahead. For best results, choose one of the following two methods. OVERNIGHT INSTRUCTIONS: After you've rolled and cut your cinnamon rolls and placed them into your lightly greased baking pan, cover with plastic wrap and place in your refrigerator. The next day, remove them from the fridge and allow them to come to room. To make overnight cinnamon rolls: After placing rolls into the greased pan (after the first rise), simply cover, place overnight in the fridge and then bake them in the morning as directed.