Cinnamon Rolls. After testing many recipes for cinnamon rolls I found that just about any home-made roll can be good if you have the right icing. In too many recipes the cream cheese flavor overpowers the icing. Use this recipe for decadent cream cheese icing on your favorite cinnamon roll and you won't be disappointed!
This recipe is great served alongside fresh coffee for a leisurely breakfast in and is perfect for sharing with company. If you can't eat them all in one go, store any frosted extras in the fridge due to the cream cheese.. A Slow Rise for the Best Cinnamon Rolls. You can have Cinnamon Rolls using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Rolls
- It’s 1 packages of dry active yeast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of warm water.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 6 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 1 of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 of additional butter, softened.
- You need of Icing.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter, melted.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 3 cup of powdered sugar.
The dough I ultimately created is best made over two days. Not only does this break up the work, but I think the flavor from a slow-risen dough tastes better. ***This is the original Cinnamon Roll recipe! All other sweet roll recipe variations that I do come from this. Let's start by making the dough.
Cinnamon Rolls instructions
- Bring milk to a simmer. Remove from heat, add butter and sugar, stir until combined. Allow to cool..
- Add dry active yeast to warm water. Allow to sit until it becomes foamy..
- Combine milk mix, yeast, salt, egg, and half the flour in mixer with dough hook. Add remaining flour half cup at a time. Combine with dough hook until dough ball is formed. The amount of flour used may vary depending on amount of moisture in the air..
- Place dough ball in greased bowl, cover, let rise 1 hour or until doubles in size..
- Place on floured surface. Punch down..
- Flatten dough with rolling pin to form large rectangle. About a 1/2 thick..
- Spread butter to cover dough.Spinkle brown sugar, covering dough (the more the better). Sprinkle cinnamon to cover..
- Roll up to form long tube. Slice into 24 rolls, not including end pieces. Place rolls on buttered dish..
- Steps 1 through 8 can be completed the night before. At this point I cover the rolls and store them in the fridge overnight. In the morning place in 350°F oven until golden brown. Approx 20 minutes..
- If you're ready to eat them today, allow prepared rolls to rise for 30 min, then place in oven until golden brown..
- While baking, prepare icing. Combine the 3 ingredients with mixer until smooth. Spread over hot rolls..
These cinnamon rolls can easily be made ahead. For best results, choose one of the following two methods. OVERNIGHT INSTRUCTIONS: After you've rolled and cut your cinnamon rolls and placed them into your lightly greased baking pan, cover with plastic wrap and place in your refrigerator. The next day, remove them from the fridge and allow them to come to room. To make overnight cinnamon rolls: After placing rolls into the greased pan (after the first rise), simply cover, place overnight in the fridge and then bake them in the morning as directed.