Pesto Chicken. Also works well with thinly sliced pork tenderloin. One obvious way to serve chicken pesto is with your favorite pasta. If you want to make some sauce for the pasta, feel free to double or triple the amount of basil pesto and cream mixture to toss it in.
The pesto sauce is made with fresh basil, spinach, garlic, walnuts and Parmesan cheese that gets added right on top of the tender chicken to make each bite irresistible! Lay the chicken strips over the pesto and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Moisten chicken with water, shake off excess, and coat complete with bread crumbs. You can cook Pesto Chicken using 22 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pesto Chicken
- It’s of PESTO (magic bullet):.
- You need of Fresh Basil.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Cashew nuts.
- It’s of Minced Garlic.
- It’s of CHICKEN BREAST (pan fried).
- Prepare of Cooked in Cajun spices.
- Prepare of Topped with salt and pepper.
- It’s of RISONI (boiled in saucepan):.
- It’s of Tbsn salt.
- You need of VEGETABLES (oven baked):.
- Prepare of Thick slices of eggplant.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Grated cheese.
- You need of Sliced onion.
- Prepare of Sliced mushroom.
- Prepare of Cherry Tomatoes halved.
- You need of Rocket Lettuce.
- You need of garnish:.
- It’s of Balsamic glaze.
- It’s of Mixed nuts.
Spread pesto sauce evenly over chicken breasts. Cover each breast with ½ slice of provolone cheese. Line baking sheet with heavy-duty foil. Place chicken and pesto in medium bowl; toss to coat.
Pesto Chicken instructions
- Blend pesto ingredients. On the side boil Risoni and drain when complete. Lightly fry both mixtures over the hot stove for 5 minutes. Sprinkle mixed nuts..
- Prepare Eggplant in oven tray and drizzle with oil. Bake for half an hour. Sprinkle with cheese and then add other ingredients over the top. Cook for another 15 minutes..
- Prepare chicken on stovetop..
Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Place chicken breast in a baking dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread pesto on each chicken breast. Layer tomatoes on top of the chicken.