Eggplant Parmesan Casserole. Search for Eggplant Parmesan Recipes Easy. Whatever You Need, Whatever You Want, Whatever You Desire, We Provide. Check Out Eggplant Parmesan Recipes On eBay.
Repeat layering with the remaining ingredients. Frying uses sooo much oil though. Well Martha's technique was the key. You can cook Eggplant Parmesan Casserole using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Parmesan Casserole
- You need 1 of whole eggplant, skinned and cubed.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 10-20 of basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesan.
- You need 1 (45 oz) of jar of pasta sauce.
- You need 2 cups of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 cups of dried penne.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
Sliced the eggplant a little thicker, bake a long time at high heat. and bake a longer time for the fully assembled casserole. I like to sprinkle Parmesan/Romano as well as dollop little bits of plain ricotta between the layers. Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna or Casserole is an Italian comfort dish made with layers of breaded eggplant slices, marinara sauce, basil, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and then baked until cheese has melted and bubbly. Honestly, this casserole is my rendezvous with comfort food.
Eggplant Parmesan Casserole instructions
- Heat oil in a frying pan at medium high heat..
- Blend together eggs and flour. If it looks too thick add a bit of milk..
- Add a handful of the cubed eggplant to the batter and carefully place each one in the hot oil. Fry until each cube turns gold and starts to float the oil..
- Transfer cooked eggplant to a casserole dish. Repeat steps 3 until all the eggplant has been cooked and add the basil leaves..
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Boil the 4 cups of water for the pasta and cook penne for 15 minutes or till tender.
- Drain pasta and add it to the eggplant pieces. Sprinkle with half a cup of parmesan and toss..
- Cover the penne and eggplant with the pasta sauce then top with remaining parmesan..
- Bake casserole for 15-20 minutes to heat through. Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving..
To take lots of oil and fat out of this classic casserole. Layer eggplant slices on sauce, overlapping if necessary; drizzle with olive oil. Top eggplant with even layer of bread crumbs; sprinkle with half the grated cheese. Season with Tuscan seasoning and pepper. Top with remaining sauce and grated cheese; cover pan with foil.