Aubergine, pepper and mozzarella pie. Great recipe for Aubergine, pepper and mozzarella pie. Had some veggies and some mozzarella to use up. So I thought I'd make a pie.
Arrange a layer of mozzarella on top of the aubergines, followed by a layer of tomatoes and basil. Drain the mozzarella, pat dry with kitchen paper, then slice very thinly. Lay two-thirds of the slices over the tomatoes. You can cook Aubergine, pepper and mozzarella pie using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aubergine, pepper and mozzarella pie
- It’s of Roll of pastry.
- It’s of Aubergine.
- It’s of Peppers.
- Prepare of Any other veg.
- It’s 200 g of or so of mozzarella, cut and drain to remove excess water.
- Prepare Tablespoon of Parmesan.
- It’s of Oil for frying the aubergine (always tastes better!).
- Prepare of Beaten egg for glazing.
Grind black pepper over, and scatter over the aubergine. Add the rest of the pasta, top with the remaining tomatoes and mozzarella and then the parmesan. Drizzle with olive oil, add garnish and serve. Thinly slice a ball of mozzarella and place the slices on top of the aubergines.
Aubergine, pepper and mozzarella pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 180. Dice and fry aubergine in oil until lightly brown. Drain on kitchen paper and set a side. Roll out the pastry into a round aluminum tray medium size. Prick with a fork and glaze with egg (see tip).
- Dice the pepper, add it in. Add half the mozzarella, half the Parmesan, then the aubergine and the rest of the ingredients.
- Fold the edges over and glaze with remaining egg. Bake for about 35-40 mins. Rest on a wire rack before serving.
Season with salt and black pepper. Return to the grill and leave to cook until the mozzarella starts to melt into. Make two layers, starting with a layer of grilled eggplant, a sprinkle of oregano and basil (a little pepper of desired), one third of the parmesan cheese, half the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, half the fontal or gruyere cheese, on the last layer top with the remaining third of parmesan cheese and drizzle of olive oil. Cover the bottom with a layer of pasta and then with sliced eggs, salami strips, aubergine slices, mozzarella and caciocavallo slices. A small bunch of flat-leaf parsley finely chopped.