Pesto, aubergine and mozzarella pie. Great recipe for Aubergine, pepper and mozzarella pie. Had some veggies and some mozzarella to use up. So I thought I'd make a pie.
Season with pepper and a trickle of extra virgin olive oil and then grill till the cheese just melts but no longer lest it toughens. Arrange sliced tomatoes on top and season with salt and pepper. Submit a Recipe Correction Try spreading a thin layer of pesto on the grilled aubergines before adding the mozzarella. You can have Pesto, aubergine and mozzarella pie using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pesto, aubergine and mozzarella pie
- It’s Packet of pastry.
- It’s 1 of aubergine.
- You need Tablespoon of pesto (see my recipe).
- It’s 125 g of or so of chopped mozzarella.
- Prepare Tablespoon of grated Parmesan.
- You need 1 of beaten egg to glaze.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
Use a little tomato or chilli sauce on the aubergines, under the cheese. Drizzle with olive oil, add garnish and serve. Brush the aubergine slices with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper on both sides. Repeat these layers until all ingredients are used, finishing.
Pesto, aubergine and mozzarella pie instructions
- Dice the aubergine. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry until golden brown in batches. Drain on kitchen paper and set a side to cool a bit.
- Preheat oven to 180. Put aubergine in a bowl and add the pesto, chopped mozzarella and Parmesan. Mix well.
- Roll out the pastry and prick with a fork. Glaze with egg. Add the mixture and spread evenly. Fold over the edges glaze the top pastry with remaining egg.
- Pop in the oven for about 25-30 mins. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Spread a thin layer of pesto over the crust. Break mozzarella into pieces over the pesto. This open pie, with its richly flavoured 'risotto' crust and Mediterranean vegetable filling topped with melting cubes of soft mozzarella, looks wonderful and tastes sensational! Serve with a chunky green salad of chopped celery and chicory tossed with a little plain low-fat yogurt and chopped fresh mint. Transfer the pie to a baking sheet and brush with melted butter.