Smothered Green Chile Steak burritos. Add water, chili powder, salt, red pepper flakes, cumin, and garlic powder; bring to a boil. These Smothered Burritos are filled with shredded chicken, cheese and spices, baked until crispy, and then smothered in the best homemade green chile sauce. These burritos are filled with a delicious ground beef and potato mixture then smothered with green chile sauce and topped with tangy cheddar cheese.
Green Chile Smothered Burritos SMOTHERED BURRITOS: Spread tortillas with beans. Place tortillas, seam sides down, in single layer in greased pan. Pour green chili over top and around sides. You can have Smothered Green Chile Steak burritos using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smothered Green Chile Steak burritos
- It’s of Tortillas.
- Prepare 1 of steak of choice.
- It’s 1 can of refried beans.
- You need 1 can of Stokes green Chile with pork.
- It’s 1/2 C of cooked rice.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- You need of Shredded cheddar cheese.
These green chile burritos are smothered in a creamy green enchilada sauce that you'll be tempted to eat straight from the pot with a spoon. You could also make these smothered burritos with red enchilada sauce. What I love about Green Chili Burritos: Pour Hatch Chile (Green Chile) Sauce over burritos then top with remaining cheese. To brown top, place under broiler for several minutes.
Smothered Green Chile Steak burritos step by step
- Season and grill steak. Once done slice into thin strips.
- Warm beans and green chile in separate pots on stovetop.
- Heat tortilla in a pan with some shredded cheese to melt.
- Assemble burritos with all ingredients including a little green chile and roll.
- Smother with green chile and shredded cheese and serve.
Garnish with cilantro and serve with sides of sour cream and pico de gallo or salsa. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil; drain. Add chopped jalapenos, diced green bell pepper, and tomatillos. Combine corn starch with one cup water and stir into mixture. Separate half of mixture in a separate bowl and set a side.