Sheermal Naan. Sheermal bread (Persian Naan sheermal)#familyfriendly Recipe by Rozina Dinaa – Cookpad Sheermal bread (Persian Naan sheermal)#familyfriendly Sheermal/shirmal bread naan نان شیرمال is a traditional mildly sweet flatbread in Iran. Mix together flour, yeast, salt, sugar, egg, molten ghee and knead into a soft pliable dough, adding warm milk and ghee as needed. Sheermal bread naan is a traditional mildly sweet flatbread in Iran.
Sheermal, also known as Shirmal or popularly known as Naan ki roti across Hyderabad. It is a slightly sweet naan/flatbread made with all-purpose flour (Maida). This flatbread is baked in a tandoor or oven and is a most common dish in the Middle East and Asian countries and also among Pakistan and India. You can cook Sheermal Naan using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sheermal Naan
- You need 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter / Ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of instant dry yeast.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of white sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of black sesame seeds.
Sheermal is a mildly-sweet, saffron-flavoured naan popular in the Indo-Pak sub-continent. While this Moghul delight is traditionally prepared in a tandoor, it can also be comfortably prepared in a Tava in the convenience of your own kitchen. Sheermal is a mildly sweet, saffron flavoured naan popular in the Indo Pak sub continent. Sheermal is a mildly sweet naan made out of maida, leavened with yeast, baked in a tandoor or oven.
Sheermal Naan step by step
- First in a mixing bowl add milk, egg, butter / ghee, sugar, salt and whisk well..
- Now add dry yeast, add maida and mix well.dough should be soft.add little oil and knead the dough again for 5 mins. Once the dough is ready,apply a tsp of oil and cover the dough bowl with plastic wrap and keep in a warm place for at least 1 hour. (till double in size)..
- After an hour, place the dough in a greased baking plate and spread it with your hands, and pierce it round with fingers or with a fork as shown in the pic..
- Now mix one egg and little milk in a bowl, and apply it on the prepared naan with the help of a brush. Sprinkle white sesame and black sesame on top and cover the baking plate and keep it for 10 minutes to rest/rise again..
- Now place the baking plate in a preheated microwave oven and bake for 25-30 minutes (until golden).180℃. Sheermal naan is ready..
Sheermal was traditionally made like roti. Today, sheermal is prepared like naan. The warm water in the recipe for naan roti was replaced with warm milk sweetened with sugar and flavored with saffron and cardamom. Sheermal is a milky, mildly sweet, soft and rich bread from the Persian cuisine. The word 'sheer' means 'milk' and clearly the name 'sheermal' is derived from the fact that the dough is kneaded with warm milk instead of water.