Naan roti. Check Out Top Brands On eBay. Naan is leavened; roti is not. Naan is cooked in a tandoor; roti is cooked on a tawa.
Naan is chewy; roti is coarser in texture. Naan is usually thicker than roti. The Difference Between Naan and Roti They are both flat breads but different because of the ingredients used. You can cook Naan roti using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Naan roti
- You need 250 g. of Wheat flour.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of baking powder, soda, sugar, and.salt,.
- You need 2 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 1 bowl of curd.
Roti, for example, chapati is made with whole wheat flour and there is no yeast. Naan is made with all purpose flour and you will need yeast to make the dough. Naan is leavened, or made with yeast, resulting in a thicker, airier bread. Roti is unleavened, or made without yeast, which brings the consistency closer to a tortilla than a puffy bread like naan or pita.
Naan roti instructions
- Take out all-purpose flour in a big vessel and now mix the ingredients as mentioned.
- Add yogurt and add little warm water as required and keep soft dough for 6 hours..
- When bread is to be made, keep small balls in the desired shape.
- Then put the foot on the black side on one side and reverse the flame of gas and cook the bread on the low flame.
- Apply ghee on the bread and serve with chopped coriander leaves.
Naan and roti are two varieties of traditional Indian flat breads. They differ in a few aspects but both are a part of a staple Indian diet. Roti, often called chapatti, is the basic food for an Indian. It can be eaten three times daily. Difference between Roti and Naan Key Difference: Both are types of flatbread.