Potato naan&amritsari chhole with onion chutney. Using a baking/pizza stone helps get Naan close to same kind of heat as a clay tandoor. Knead the dough for about two minutes and divide the dough into six equal parts, and divide the potato mix in six parts. Potato mix should be little smaller then dough balls.
Microwave til soft, peel and mash up. The Naan is super simple to make and you can even serve the Spicy Aloo Naan as an appetizer for your parties or along with Paneer Makhani for a weeknight dinner. Naan is great, but it's even better when it's stuffed with spicy potatoes and green beans! You can have Potato naan&amritsari chhole with onion chutney using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato naan&amritsari chhole with onion chutney
- You need of Naan=4 cup all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of curd.
- You need 4 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar and salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of carom seeds optional.
- You need 1 cup of semolina.
- It’s 3-4 of Potato mixture=boiled potatoes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kasoori methi.
- You need 1 tablespoon of carom seeds.
- Prepare Half of teaspoon red chilli powder.
- Prepare Half of teaspoon black pepper powder.
- You need Half of teaspoon chaat masala.
- It’s Half of teaspoon garam masala.
This naan is everything you are looking for: thin, soft, and buttery. Place a portion of potato stuffing on the rolled Naan, wrap up the Naan and close all open ends. Wrap this potato stuffed ball in dry flour and expand a little with your fingers. Grease Tandoor (furnace) tray with oil and heat.
Potato naan&amritsari chhole with onion chutney instructions
- Mix potatoes with all ingredients and make a perfect potato mix.
- Now make a soft dough of all purpose flour but except kasoori methi and adding other ingredients as well.keep it aside for 2 to 3 hour.i did it whole night.
- Now after resting dough.make more smooth by kneading again dough and keep adding some butter too.
- Now make small small balls and make flat with hands then add 1 spoon potato mix and again close it and with hands start making round or oval shaped.
- Spread kasoori methi and wet your hands then stick it with water.
- Put on tawa or any medium heated pan.
- Stay at very low flame to cook inside properly.
- After cooking from both sides properly spread butter and some garlic chopped.garlic is actually optional.then little bit press it to make soft and serve yummy potato naan.
Combine water, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl. However, in the Western world this is served as a side with curries, or as an appetiser. Along with naan, parathas are always a "must have" when I go out for Indian. You can get plain Parathas, but my favourite is Aloo Paratha ("Aloo" means "Potato"). So a double carb hit is pretty much my idea of Perfect Food.