Tawa Naan. Compare Prices on Naan Tawa in Cookware. Tawa Naan, Naan Without Tandoor Naan is definitely the most popular bread in Indian restaurants. Traditionally, naan is cooked in a tandoor (hot clay oven).
The maida dough is made to ferment for a few hours to get the best results. Naan is generally served with a nice spicy side dish like paneer capsicum sabzi, bhindi masala, aloo gobi, etc. You can see the bubbles on your naan. You can cook Tawa Naan using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tawa Naan
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of instant yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of yoghurt (optional).
- You need of For garnish.
- Prepare 2 tbspn of melted butter.
- You need 1 tsp of Fresh coriander chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nicely chopped garlic.
Now flip the skillet (tawa) and give the color just by keeping on flame with some distance. Keep moving the skillet in round direction so the equal color comes on Naan front surface. Butter Naan (Tawa Naan) is a very popular Indian flatbread recipe. Traditionally Butter Naan made in tandoor (round clay oven).
Tawa Naan instructions
- In a bowl mix together flour,yeast,sugar,salt,baking powder,yoghurt and oil..knead well 3 to 4 minutes to a medium soft dough with warm water, leave to rise for 1 hour in a greased bowl..
- Heat tawa/pan on medium high heat..
- Pan must not b nonstick, old scoured tawa/ pan would be best..
- Make balls and roll it, put some water over it, and transfer to the tawa with water side on the tawa..
- Cook on medium heat til the naan starts to bubble,then invert the tawa and cook on open flame till it's done..
- In a bowl mix butter, garlic and coriander. Brush top with butter mixture..
- Enjoy Alhumdolillah 🙂.
However, tandoor is not handy at home so this recipe made on Iron tawa/griddle. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe This Tawa naan is soft on the inside and charred on the outside. Traditionally naan is cooked in a tandoor — hot clay oven. It is spongy, airy, Indian flatbread; the most popular bread in the Indian restaurants. And, after chapati naan is the most loved bread in Indian households.