Naans. Punch down dough, and knead in garlic. Pinch off small handfuls of dough about the size of a golf ball. Roll into balls, and place on a tray.
Combine water, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl. Naan bread is usually made with milk or yogurt along with butter and sometimes eggs, making it softer than pita bread. Pita is usually made with a much simpler formula: flour, water, yeast, and salt. You can have Naans using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Naans
- Prepare 1 cup of Maida.
- You need 2 tablespoons of yoghurt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Baking powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare leaves of Few mint.
- It’s 2 (3 tablespoon) of oil or ghee as per ur choice.
- Prepare As required of Water.
- Prepare of For Garnishing.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of kalonji / nigella seeds.
Pita also has a pocket when baked, while naan has some bubbles but no pocket. DIRECTIONS Mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the yogurt till the dough is too stiff for a spoon, then knead it in the bowl till it holds together well, adding more flour if necessary. Naan is a flatbread found in Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, and other surrounding countries.
Naans step by step
- Take parat and put add the ingredients (except water) into it..
- Mix well properly. Now add water and knead the dough. Knead for about 10 mins. Keep the aside for about one hour..
- After one hour knead for 2 mins..
- Keep tawa on gas. Make small balls of the dough. Now roll it according to ur choice of shape and size..
- Spread kalongi and mint leaves and roll little..
- When tawa is hot, take the rolled naan in one hand, tap with water on the other side of the naan and put it on tava..
- After one min u will see the bubbles.. Flip the tava and let it roast on gas. Naan will automatically fall from tava when it is done..
Naan is served for dipping or stuffed with a variety of meats and vegetables. Topping can also be placed on top of the bread. Naan is like pita, yet softer and most of the time larger. Naan is an Indian recipe; it's a type of flat bread. Traditionally they are baked inside a very hot clay tandoor oven, with charcoal or wood fire.