Authentic Homemade Pizza Dough. This Homemade Traditional Italian Pizza Dough Recipe, is the only Pizza Recipe you will ever need. Make it by hand or in your stand up mixer. This Pizza Dough can be made the same day or left to rise overnight in the fridge.
To make great pizza it's important that each of these ingredients are the best you can get your hands on. Flour is the most important ingredient in the pizza dough. The secret to making restaurant-quality pizza at home starts with the crust Ken Forkish, the James Beard Award-winning author of "Flour Water Salt Yeast," gives a crash course in pizza making You want to make sure that you get the proper texture to the pizza dough. You can cook Authentic Homemade Pizza Dough using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Authentic Homemade Pizza Dough
- Prepare 150 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 150 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Dry yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 150 ml of Lukewarm water (about 40℃).
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
Using warm water helps activate the yeast which helps the dough to rise. How to Make an Authentic Italian Pizza Dough – Step by Step. Making this pizza dough is pretty simple. Let stand until bubbles form on surface.
Authentic Homemade Pizza Dough instructions
- Sift together the bread flour and cake flour into a bowl. Add the salt, and mix until it is evenly distributed..
- In a separate bowl, mix the lukewarm water, dry yeast, and sugar and let it sit for about 10 minutes. It's done when it starts to bubble..
- Add the mixture from Step 2 into the bowl from Step 1 in 4 to 5 batches, mixing with each addition. Mix well while making sure the moisture gets evenly distributed..
- Once the dough comes together, knead for 7 to 8 minutes..
- Add olive oil, and knead again for 7 to 8 minutes. Once the oil is thoroughly incorporated, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it to rise for about 1 hour at room temperature..
- The dough will rise to about twice its size. During the cold season, let it rise by warming the bowl with about 40℃ lukewarm water..
- Push the middle of the dough with your finger. It's done if it doesn't come back out..
- Remove the gas by gently pushing the dough with your palm..
- Divide the dough into four. (If quartered, the pizzas will be rather small. If you want a bigger size, you can just divide into two. Please adjust it to your preference.).
- Freeze the ones you're not using. Let them defrost at room temperature when using. It will be a little less tasty though..
- Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper, and roll it out about 5 mm thick. Coat the rolling pin with cake flour beforehand..
- Add toppings of your choice and it's done after baking it for about 12 to 15 minutes in a 220℃ preheated oven..
Simple ingredients and technique in this dough make your pizza crust authentic, crispy and chewy just like your favorite NY brick oven joint. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. The RecipeTin Eats' pizza dough recipe has landed! An easy pizza crust that makes an exceptional homemade pizza – puffy crust with a chewy, flavourful crumb inside. Quick and Easy to make by hand, food processor or Kitchen Aid Mixer!