Wholemeal Pizza Dough. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap. Divide dough and roll out pizza bases to desired size. Whole wheat flour yields dough with just a hint of nutty wheat flavor.
This is quite possibly the best pizza dough recipe I've ever seen! So easy and great for our fmaily of pizza lovers. I even tried freezing the individual pizza shells between layers of parchment paper WITHOUT freezing them seperately first, and it worked just fine.be careful when unpeeling the paper from the frozen shells, but this does save one more step for you busy cooks! You can have Wholemeal Pizza Dough using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wholemeal Pizza Dough
- It’s 1 kg of wholemeal flour.
- It’s 700 ml of water.
- You need 50 grams of fresh yeast.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Stir in whole-wheat flour, bread flour (or all-purpose flour) and cornmeal until the dough begins to come together. Best way to store Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Divide the dough into two balls, flatten it, coat it generously with olive oil. All whole wheat pizza dough recipes are different, but they typically all have the same ingredients: whole wheat flour, yeast, water, salt, oil, and some may have sugar. In a large bowl or in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine the water, yeast, honey, oil and salt.
Wholemeal Pizza Dough instructions
- Dissolve yeast in the water.
- Mix the flour with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the water with the yeast.
- Knead during 5 minutes.
- Let the dough rest during 30 minutes.
- Separate the dough in buns and extend them into oiled pan.
- Bake the pizza 6 minutes in a 220°C preheated oven.
- Freeze the pizzas or put the topping you like and bake them 8 minutes more.
Gradually add the flour until a soft dough is formed. Scroll down for the printable whole wheat pizza dough recipe. Stir together yeast mixture and let foam. Mix water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Here is how to make this whole wheat pizza recipe.