Dawn' s Soft Chewy Pretzels.
You can have Dawn' s Soft Chewy Pretzels using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dawn' s Soft Chewy Pretzels
- You need 1 1/2 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1 packages of active yeast.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of .
- You need 4 1/2 cup of bread flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted melted butter.
- It’s 10 cup of water.
- You need 2/3 cup of baking soda.
- You need 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of kosher salt for sprinkling.
Dawn' s Soft Chewy Pretzels instructions
- In a bowl add 1 1/2 cup of warm water with yeast, 1 tblsp of sugar plus 1 tsp of salt. Mix up well. Allow about 5 minutes until it looks foamy..
- In another bowl add bread flour, melted unsalted butter and yeast mixture. Mix well. Until dough starts to turn into a ball..
- Flour your surface and turn dough out and knead for about 8 minutes. Dough should be smooth. In a larger bowl add vegetable oil and coat bowl. Put dough in bowl flip over coating dough. Cover and place a warm place so the dough can rise. Should take about 50-55 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 425° Put the 10 cups of water in a large pot. Like dutch oven. Add 2/3 cup of baking soda to water. Stir and let boil. When boiling with a slotted spoon place one pretzel in water for 30 seconds and place on a well grease baking pan. Can use parchment paper or aluminum foil, just make sure the foil is been geased too. After all pretzels have had the little baking soda bath sprinkle with kosker salt and i bake in over for 14-17 minutes..
- When done can be served with a dipping sauced if wanted..