Sourdough Rye Bread. Mix until fully combined, cover, and let stand at room temperature overnight. Sourdough Rye Bread While this bread machine bread isn't "authentic" sourdough, it makes a wonderfully textured, high-rising, great-tasting loaf, thanks to King Arthur Whole-Grain Bread Improver. Want to bake a round loaf (as pictured above) instead of baking in your machine?
The rustic crust is deeply colored and boasts beautiful blisters! Rye sourdough can be used as any other bread and of course is delicious freshly made and spread with butter. The sourdough will keep for up to a week. You can have Sourdough Rye Bread using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Rye Bread
- It’s 2 cups of organic dark rye flour.
- It’s 1 cup of sourdough starter.
- You need 1 cup of cooled water after boiling.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 Tsp of grape molasses.
Do not place it in any plastic as this will soften the crust. Instead, pop the loaf into a paper bag or a bread bin. Sourdough rye bread – perfect for soups, salads, charcuterie boards, sandwiches, and especially for having with gravlax. This sourdough rye bread is one of my favorite breads for several reasons: it's very tasty, almost addictive, healthy, and quick to make.
Sourdough Rye Bread instructions
- Mix all dried ingredients together in a big bowl.
- Add sourdough starter, mix everything together using a folk. Add extra water if you feel the mixture is too dry. Ideally, you want to make a wet paste that can be picked up using a spoon.
- Sprinkle a baking bowl with some flour, drop your dough into it.
- Allow it to rise for anywhere between 4-12 hours. The longer you wait, the tangier it tastes.
- Bake at 400F for 50 minutes with a water bath to create a perfect crust.
Sourdough rye bread is a traditional, artisan-style bread made from a blend of light and dark rye flours and sourdough starter. Rye flour contains a weaker gluten matrix than wheat flour (gluten is the protein that gives bread structure as they rise). It's my first ever sourdough bread and was a bit nervous about starting off with rye flour. This recipe is perfect for beginners. Sourdough Danish Rye Bread (Rugbrød) If you make your own smørrebrød at home or would like to, please give this sourdough rugbrød a try.