Sourdough Spelt bread. Save On Spelt Bread At Walmart. Is spelt sourdough bread good for you? One of the things we love about this spelt sourdough bread recipe is that whole wheat spelt flour gives this loaf extra points for nutrition!
Our sourdough fermentation process creates a dense, hearty, sustaining and amazingly delicious bite which packs a powerful sourdough punch! Throughout the entire series, he was on screen rallying behind slow food, especially so in the "Air" episode where Pollan points out that humanity lost. This is the best sourdough bread ever. You can have Sourdough Spelt bread using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Spelt bread
- It’s 2 cups of organic stone-grounded spelt floor.
- It’s 1 cup of organic white flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of homemade sourdough starter.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of grape molasses.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1.5 cups of room temperature water (cool down from boiling water).
So glad i found your recipe. i bought organic sprouted spelt flour and the bread turned out divine! Thanks for sharing this great recipe. It is more widely used in Europe where it's known as dinkel in Germany and farro in Italy. While higher in protein than commonly used wheat varieties, the nature of its proteins results in less gluten formation when making bread dough.
Sourdough Spelt bread instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a big bowl..
- Stir in sourdough starter and water until desired a texture forms. The dough should not be too sticky, nor too dry. Knead your dough for 3~5 minutes.
- Flour a baking bowl/sheet before place the dough in. Cut slits on your bread to guide it to rise. Rise for anything between 4 to 12 hours based on your schedule. The longer it rises, the richer it tastes, tangier and stronger..
- Bake 30 min at 400°F in a water bath oven.
For people who have IBS, sourdough spelt bread can be a good replacement for normale bread. Wheat and bread made from wheat contain fructans (one of the FODMAP groups) and are high FODMAP (only in small amounts wheat is low FODMAP). Spelt contains fewer fructans than wheat, but is still high in FODMAPs. Spelt Sourdough Bread Spelt yields light, fluffy, and moist baked goods. This recipe makes wonderful sandwich or free-form loaves.