Chocolate Swiss Roll. This chocolate Swiss roll is a simpler and smaller version of Beth Le Manach's Buche de Noel. It takes time but is worth the effort. Reroll filled cakes, using kitchen towel to help roll up cake.
Here is how you could prepare the delicious chocolate Swiss roll at home. A Swiss roll is a very impressive cake and looks quite difficult to make, which is why people often shy away from baking them. This chocolate Swiss roll has an unusual mint buttercream filling, which is full of flavour. You can cook Chocolate Swiss Roll using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Swiss Roll
- You need of Cake.
- You need 4 of eggs, separate the yolk and white.
- It’s 50 g of sugar.
- Prepare 50 g of brown sugar.
- Prepare 65 g of flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of choco powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of espresso powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 60 g of butter, melted.
- It’s 0,5 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 200 ml of whipped cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 50 g of fruit of choices (cherry/strawberry are best options).
A nod to the classic childhood favorite, this chocolate cake roll combines light chocolate sponge cake with sweet vanilla whipped cream and chocolate ganache. Chocolate Swiss Roll – Deliciously moist and fluffy cake filled with a thick layer of vanilla whipped cream and dusted with icing sugar! One of my favourite things to make are cake rolls. Assembling the chocolate Swiss roll: Gently unroll the cooled sponge, and spread the filling into an even layer onto top.
Chocolate Swiss Roll step by step
- Preheated the oven to 180 deg C..
- Whisk white eggs about 5 minutes or until soft peak. Add (white) sugar gradually during whisking..
- In the other bowl, beat the egg yolk and brown sugar until it looks pale. Shift in the flour, choco powder, baking powder, vanilla extract and salt. Combine well and add melted butter..
- Add 1/3 of the white egg to the mixture, and whisk it using hand whisker. When everything is well incorporated, add 1/3 more of the white egg and fold the mixture. Repeat for the remaining 1/3 of the egg white..
- The pan should be buttered and covered with baking sheet so that the cake won't stick. Butter the baking paper as well..
- Pour the mixture in to the baking pan and bake for about 10-12 minutes..
- After baking, let the cake cool down a bit (2 minutes) and put another baking paper on top of it and start to roll it from the narrowest side. Put it in the fridge to speed up the cooling..
- While waiting, whisk the whipped cream until it peaks. Add 1 tbsp of sugar gradually. Cut the fruits into small bits..
- When the cake is completely cool, roll it out and spread the whipped cream and the fruit. Roll it in again carefully and put it back in a fridge for about 2-3 hours before serving..
Once chilled, drizzle the Swiss roll with the chocolate ganache glaze. Chocolate Roll This traditional Chocolate Roll recipe (a.k.a. 'Chocolate Swiss Roll') is easy to customize with your favorite filling — traditional cream cheese, chocolate, peppermint, or whatever other creative idea you might have. The cake is filled with peppermint whipped cream. Topped with chocolate ganache and candy canes. For chocolate lovers out there, having a slice or two of a chocolate swiss roll for dessert is something that will definitely make your day.