Pizza dough. This easy pizza dough recipe is the key to making an extraordinary homemade pizza. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find. But if you're lucky enough to live near an Italian market or willing to purchase double zero flour online, using this flour will take your crust to the next level.
Stretch the dough into a round disc, rotating after each stretch. Toss the dough in the air, if you dare. Shake the pizza on the peel to be sure that it will slide onto the pizza stone or tile. You can have Pizza dough using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pizza dough
- Prepare 5 cups of dough (1 litre).
- Prepare 1 packet of instant yeast.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 cups of luke warm water.
It is best if prepared in advance and refrigerated overnight. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Form dough into a round and roll out into a pizza crust shape. This Homemade Traditional Italian Pizza Dough Recipe, is the only Pizza Recipe you will ever need.
Pizza dough instructions
- Take about 5 cups flour in a bowl and create a hole in the centre.
- Add the yeast, sugar, salt and oil in the centre of the flour.
- Slowly and gradually add the water to the flour to form a medium hard dough. Dont worry if it's hard since it will soften as the dough rises.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes to make a smooth texture then cover with a plastic.
- The longer you leave the dough the better it rises when cooking. Best is overnight for better results.
- Roll out the dough to preferred size and add ingredients as desired.
- Preheat the oven to 220-230°C for about 10-15 mins.
- If you add semolina to the base of the pizza before cooking it helps avoid sticking and adds a great taste to the pizza.
- Then cook the pizza for about 10-15 minutes until the dough rises and the cheese melts.
- You can also freeze your pizzas to eat it ready whenever you feel lazy to cook.
- All you have to do is cook it for 5-7 mins until the dough rises but not fully cooked.
Make it by hand or in your stand up mixer. This Pizza Dough can be made the same day or left to rise overnight in the fridge. Thank you Martha, my new to go too. Dissolve yeast and sugar in hot water in a bowl. Add flour, salt, sugar, and oil; stir until a ragged dough forms.