Soft & Chewy Pretzel.
You can have Soft & Chewy Pretzel using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soft & Chewy Pretzel
- Prepare 1-1/2 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of salt.
- You need 1-1/4 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1 package of yeast.
- You need 4-1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of oil divided.
- It’s 2/3 Cup of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 of beaten eggs.
- It’s of Coarse salt.
Soft & Chewy Pretzel step by step
- In a bowl, mix water, salt, and sugar until combined. Add yeast, and let rest 5 minutes until yeast starts to foam.
- Add flour and 2 tablespoons of oil, and mix thoroughly until a dough forms..
- Remove the dough and use the remaining oil to cover the bowl..
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and leave in a warm area till it douples in size..
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cut dough into 8 pieces and roll them out into thin ropes, twisting the two ends to form a pretzel shape..
- Add baking soda to a large pot of water, and bring to a rolling boil. Boil each pretzel for 31 seconds per side.
- Transfer pretzels to a baking sheet, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Enjoy!.