Pita Bread. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Pita bread (also known as Arabic bread and Syrian bread) is a yeast-leavened flatbread common in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines. It can be made with or without an interior pocket.
Here's the basic process: Whisk together flour, salt, and instant yeast. Add lukewarm water and olive oil. Pita Bread Be the first to rate & review! You can have Pita Bread using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pita Bread
- Prepare of Starter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of instant yeast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of warm water.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of Pita Bread.
- You need of Starter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
This staple of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines is surprisingly easy to make — and the process feels almost magical. It starts with a simple yeast dough (we used some whole-wheat flour in addition to white) that gets baked in a very hot oven. Store-bought pita (like store-bought sandwich bread) is often several days old. Warm, fragrant home-baked pita is obviously superior, and there's a bit of a thrill when the breads puff up in the.
Pita Bread instructions
- Make the starter by mixing the ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 15 mins.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients into the starter and mix with a dough attachment until a smooth dough forms.
- Cover and let rise for 1-2 hours until double in size. For quicker rise use an oven proofer or rise in a warm area.
- Transfer dough in a floured surface and divide into four parts. Roll into circles and cook on a non-stick pan. To check if it's cook there is no translucent spots and it starts to puff up..
- Serve with your meat of choice, veggies, sauce and top with cheese..
Baked pita bread is best enjoyed fresh and hot-out-of the oven. Good news is, pita bread will store well for a few days in an air-tight bag. Warm it up in your oven or toaster oven or even over open flame. Pita (/ ˈpɪtə / or US: / ˈpiːtə /) or pitta (British English), is a family of yeast- leavened round flatbreads baked from wheat flour, common in the Mediterranean, Middle East, and neighboring areas. So we used pita bread that I had in the freezer instead.