Sourdough Bread 4-H Champion. Mix sourdough, water, sugar, salt, and margarine. See recipes for Sourdough bread too.. Fragrant sourdough bread made in an air fryer.
Sourdough is one of the oldest forms of grain fermentation. Post anything and everything bread related. Sourdough bread tends to come out flat. You can have Sourdough Bread 4-H Champion using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Bread 4-H Champion
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Sourdough Starter.
- It’s 2/3 cup of scant, water or buttermilk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tbsp of butter, melted.
- Prepare 4 of to 5 C flour.
Hi all, I'm trying to understand how to make nice open crumb sourdough bread but they tend to come out rather flat. Sourdough Bread: a Beginner's guide is your go-to resource for delicious, handcrafted bread without kneading. I researched, tested and baked countless loaves with both good and mixed results. Using a bread machine for sourdough.
Sourdough Bread 4-H Champion instructions
- mix starter, water, sugar, butter. Add 2 1/2 C flour and beat til smooth. If use buttermilk, add 2 tbsp water as well at this point. add in 2 1/4 C flour and salt to make a sift dough, knead til dough isn't sticky, adding flour if necessary..
- Place in large bowl and let rise til doubled. punch down..
- Divide into two loaf pans and let rise until just over the top of the loaf pan..
- bake at 350 for 35-45 min. Brush with butter after it comes out of the oven..
It is possible to make sourdough bread with most machines, as long as you follow a decent recipe, but some models are better than others. The most important thing to check for is an adjustable rising timer. Sourdoughs take a lot longer to rise than bread made to leaven with commercial yeast. You spend hours making dough—don't leave that last step to chance. The Challenger Bread Pan gives you the right amount of heat and steam to help you bake the perfect loaf, each and every time.